Fish suggestions needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patria

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! I'm looking for suggestions of fish for an aquarium I'm planning. Here's my preferences:

1. Blue
---->May be blue and white, blue and yellow, etc... but mostly blue
2. Freshwater
3. Less than 2" when grown
---->the smaller the better
4. Not extreme multipliers(lol)
---->considered guppies of course, but I'd need all male/female because I don't want my tank exploding with offspring
5. Easy on my wallet ;-)

Do you have a suggestion that might work for me? I'm even open to some sort of shrimp or snail, etc..., so long as I can house multiples without an issue.

Thanks!!!

What size aquarium? Or are you going to tailor the tank size to the fish selection? A betta would satisfy your want of blue and will do great in as little as 10 gallons. There are also blue crayfish, but they get bigger than 2".

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sorry for the delay guys! Wanting to be able to house multiples of the same fish...like 10+.
As far as tank size, I have three to choose from...10gal, 40gal, and 45gal corner.

A few I can think of off the top of my head are blue emperor tetras, dwarf neon rainbows (praecox rainbows), Columbian tetras, and maybe some blue platies (but those present the same issue as the guppies).

If you're going with the bigger tank, I know there are lots of blue cichlids. They might be bigger than you like, however.

Edit: Oh! Green neon tetras (which are ironically blue) sound like they fit your needs too.

I know they dont stay under 2", but opaline gournamis might work in a bigger tank

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the ideas guys! I'm going to Google all of your suggestions. I'll most likely have to order online as my local choices are very limited.

Oh...and I have considered an all blue cichlid tank, but really hoped to go with a smaller fish for this one!

Thanks a bunch!!!

Sent from my VS930 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you go with a small tank celestial pearl danios Are small and blue

Ok...after staying up way too late last night researching, I've narrowed it to four. The blue tetra(BTW, thanks for the link above Toad), the blueberry tetra, the blue king tetra, and the blue platy. I like the look of the platy best, but worry about that reproduction factor. The blue king tetra is my second favorite, followed very closely by the blue and blueberry tetras. Any other input is welcome and appreciated, other than that I guess I'll just post pics once I've chosen and gotten set up!
Thanks for all your suggestions!

Attachments

• 1396217167026.jpg
    1396217167026.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 1396217204057.jpg
    1396217204057.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 1396217210082.jpg
    1396217210082.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 1396217228283.jpg
    1396217228283.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 1396217257987.jpg
    1396217257987.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 51
Oh thanks! I really don't want to support dying or injecting for color so the blueberries are out! I'll go with neons or cardinals if I must, and may add a few also, but really wanted blue only or blue/white.:)

Most dyed fish lose there colors at around 16months and are just a pale color afterwords

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Even more reason to avoid! Thanks!

As long as you have only males, platies breeding won't be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom