Fish tank pictures!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codefox

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, my 55g has gotten to the point where I want to start showing it off :) A lot of work yet to do but it looks a whole lot better than the empty tank I had sitting here for a while.

Fish tank

I have 10 Red Eye Tetras, 8 Black Skirt Tetras, and 4 Emerald Green Cory cats. I think they all look pretty good :)

My plan is to get a lot more plants in there now. I still want to add Angelfish & blue rams but the tank may be starting to get a big crowded. What do y'all think about 4 rams & 3 angels? That's probably not for a month or two though.[/img]

The tank looks great. Can't wait to see it fully planted.

I think the Angels would look beautiful in the tank, a nice centerpiece fish.

Man those are huge pics :) I like it...has all the markings of a successful setup. I concur with FF on the angels and GBR's (not because I'm partial to them...because the combo really works).

I would suggest three of each though. Cichlids like to form pairs and then create problems for the "odd fish out".

Great tank. I actually think the tetras look good in there, and I'm not one for tetras usually.

Tank looks great. I will vote for angels as well. I have have never had rams but I am sure they would work nicely.

The rams are simply beautiful...I actually always intended to put both in when I started this tank. The Angels are my centerpiece. :) Thanks for all the comments...I'm really excited about how this is coming along now. Before I add more plants I need to build some sort of DIY CO2 system (for now...maybe I'll do pressurized in the near future) and before I even think about the rams and angels I need to upgrade my filters to the Cascade 1000 (that's where I'm going to go I think)

I'll definately make sure to take more pictures :)

DepotFish said:
Great tank. I actually think the tetras look good in there, and I'm not one for tetras usually.

Despite having 18 of them in my tank I'm really not a huge tetra person either ;) But I really wanted to try something with schooling fish. I think a big group of fish as a school is nicer than the same amount of fish having a couple of each. :)

Yeah, schooling is the fun thing about tetras and similar fish. They are fun to watch, but pretty drab in coloring. I don't understand how some people get excited over a red dot or stripe on a grey fish, but that's just my opinion.

Well, some of them are pretty vividly colored. Emperor, neon, cardinal, & a few others. And if you have a school of those it's very impressive. The red eye tetras aren't full of color but their body scales aren't opaque like many tetras and are a brilliant silver. They're actually very attractive fish in my opinion.

I do think most cichlids are better colored though ;)

We have the best of both worlds. 150 Gal African Cichlids and a 55 Gal Community. They both have their beauty. The Africans are larger with bright coloration. But the Tetras school together and some have vibrant coloration. Not all Tetras are colorless. I have 6 Hi-Fin Serpae Tetras (BEAUTIFUL flowing fins) and 6 True Rummynose Tetras that I think rival any of the Africans that we have. Not to mention the German Blue Rams. It's all in the fish that you choose.

lol german blue rams are cichlids and thats why they have such great colours. but i agree that u can have a very beautiful vibrantly coloured tank without cichlids. all the different species of mollies, guppies, neons, tetras, platies... have amazing colours and almost all get along together. the schooling effect also has a huge impact on the appearance of the tank

I have to say after seeing GBRs the other day...they have moved themselves to my short list favorite fw fish. :) They're up there with some of my favorite cichlids...jewels. I love those.

The list of beautiful fish is almost endless IMO. If I had the room and the tanks, I'd have so many fish..... :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom