Fish tanks logic problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

confusedfishmom

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a bit of a logic box for you. A series of events has left me with the following: 3 tanks.
2-30 gal (lightly planted)
1-5 gal

1-betta
1-angel
1-pleco (smaller size)
1-cardinal

I want to add gBRs and danios and I want the 5 gallon to become a qt tank. Suggestions on combinations of fish. Who should I put where? TIA!

First 30g:
GBRs
Angel
Cardinals

Second 30g:
Betta
Danios (make sure they have a big school so they ignore the betta's fins)
Pleco

Why? Danios like cooler temps than the GBRs do, and the GBRs may be territorial with the pleco. GBRs, angels and cardinals are a combo that's worked well for many fishkeepers so long as the angel grows up with the cardinals.

One minor issue. I just found out the cardinal is a neon. :). Does that change your assessment?

Oops... Yes. Neon will be angel food, and also doesn't appreciate the warmer temps that the rams need. Put it with the betta and danios then and get some other dither fish for the angel/ram tank.

Last. What algae eater would you use in the tank that doesn't have the pleco? I'm not opposed to snails but it would have to be one that won't populate repeatedly.

Back
Top Bottom