Fish terrorizing???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got 2 new electric blue acaras for my 90 gallon today and my kribensis will not leave them alone!!!

My krib is usually like this with new fish for about a day. But he seems extra vicious this time.

Either he leaves them alone or hes gone!!!

How long should i let this last b4 it could kill my acaras???

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

IMO not long... If you see obvious injuries and harassment the best thing is to remove the aggressor.

I had a female Krib once and she because a Jerk as she got older. Had to sell to the LFS.

Caleb

IMO not long... If you see obvious injuries and harassment the best thing is to remove the aggressor.

I had a female Krib once and she because a Jerk as she got older. Had to sell to the LFS.

Caleb

Ok, im thinking if its still happening tomorrow that im taking the krib to the lfs!

They are just being cichlids. Any time you add new fish this will happen. when the current aggressor is gone, another one will take its place.

What i did was make a time out container. I drilled a ton of hiles in a very large pitcher. I hang it inside the tank and put territorial fish in there for a few days.

They are just being cichlids. Any time you add new fish this will happen. when the current aggressor is gone, another one will take its place.

What i did was make a time out container. I drilled a ton of hiles in a very large pitcher. I hang it inside the tank and put territorial fish in there for a few days.

Thats a good idea!!! Do u think itll get better without doing that tho???

Did you re arrange the scape so the krib had to find/claim new territory like the acaras?
Step 1 to adding new"territorial" fish to an established tank.
I have not had the acaras before but had a pair of kribs that turned into 80+ in my 180g community.
They (the kribs) are wimps and if you don't see damage to other fish would guess you are "seeing the dog bark" and no more?
If you see true aggression then some stocking considerations should be figured out IMO.

Back
Top Bottom