Fish that are fun to watch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I second the thought that clown loaches are a pleasure to watch (in fact, probably my favorite fish to watch when they're in groups), but also highly underscore the fact that they should NOT be kept in a 29 gallon tank.

I also think cories and otos are a lot of fun, and like YoYo, Zebra, and Burmese Border loaches a lot as well - so long as you have 3-4 of them to play together. I also enjoy dwarf cichlids' antics - not limited to the SA species (rams, apistos, etc) but also including kribs.

I'll add groups of rummynose and bleeding heart tetras to the list, and sometimes pseudomugil rainbows are a lot of fun - if a touch aggressive. I love watching them flare their fins.

Pinky - LOVED that Sorority Tank video of your female bettas !

As for cories - I simply can't get enough of my panda cories - they're such little characters. I have 6 now and I want more , but I do want to leave room for the platies LOL.

Botia loaches, bettas, rainbows, cories, gouramis, and most cichlids are some of the fun fish to watch. Heck, most fish are!

Out of my barbs, my goldies and roseys are very active and not scared of anything. They are constantly playing. My Neon rosey barbs are gorgeous. They are young, but the black tips on their fins and rosey color are really starting to pop.

Loaches! Yoyo, polka dot (also called Angelicus), zebra, and kuhli loaches will be fine in a 29g. Get atleast 3.

I have 4 yoyos in my 55g and they zip back and forth. In the mornings they do synchronized swimming, going up to the surface and back down, then swimming around each other....its very entertaining. I love waking up to that!

I need to get a video of it with my camera...its so funny!

Dwarf Puffers are fun to watch. They're very active. The downside is that they like to fin nip.

I like watching Red Tailed Sharks, too.

Back
Top Bottom