Fish Training!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RamCichlidLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hey whats up? Has anyone else has ever heard of the R2 Fish School kit? I got one and trained one of my mollies how to swim though a hoop to get a treat!:D Very sadly, before i could teach her to fetch or play soccer she died:( BUT in a few weeks im going to get some rams and train one of them (i heard cichlids are easy to train!) BTW it only took about one week to train my molly to follow the feeding wand go though the hoop!:)

I've never heard of it, but that sounds cool. Not like I would have the patience. My horse knows one trick, and that's cause he's s genius two year old that kisses on command just out of the blue. My dogs, the poodles, are geniuses as well, and I show them. I barely had patience for my dachshund, and she only knows sit. My great Pyrenees learned sit and down from watching me with the poodles. In other words, I have problems with patience.

it might take a while but seeing my molly swim though the hoop without guidance for the first time was awesome :D

Yeah, if I really set my mind to it, I could, but if I was only half in it, it would never happen. Hmm, maybe in the future my fish will be trained to read. Then they will read twilight. And all the sequels. Well, maybe that's asking too much of the fish, lol, but it would be cool!!

Yeah, my Betta will swim up to me if I put my face near the tank. He recognizes me. There are too many examples of memory for that myth anymore.

the only problem with training fish is if you do it in a community tank with out a divider because the other fish will steal the treat.

I've never heard of the "training kit" before, but I'm definately going to take a look at it.

When researching livestock for my next tank I asked for suggestions, and someone suggested Dwarf Puffers. Upon further research I found out that dwarf puffers are actually quite intelligent and trainable. That sold me on the idea.

So now I'm building a dwarf puffer tank and looking forward to training puffers :D

The little spotted puffers at my Walmart are so cute. It looks like they are smiling. Of course the ones at Walmart are only babies, they get about six times bigger! I want one but have no space for it, so I'll have to wait until I have the correct tank.

Back
Top Bottom