Fish Training

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jburns

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone have any tips or methods to help train a black ghost knife to be more inclined to come out during the day?

Everything online that i find just says that they can be trained, but nobody has any answers

They're nocturnal. Short of removing hiding spaces... they're going to stay nocturnal

They're nocturnal. Short of removing hiding spaces... they're going to stay nocturnal

yes i know by nature they are nocturnal, believe me i have done and do perform my research on all components of my aquarium including the bgk. i have however seen plenty of people who have gotten their’s to transition more into non nocturnal behavior. there is decent enough room for mine to hide and a great deal of space for fish to swim freely also given that there are only 5 other fish besides it that also are not very aggressive/not aggressive enough to bother it and make it intimidated. this fish is the centerpiece of my tank and i’d like to have an easier time feeding it and making sure it’s getting enough to eat

Back
Top Bottom