Fish training.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cichlids are easy to train because they will follow you around everywhere. Mine eat out of my hand and some let me "pet" their sides. When doing water changes if I keep pushing the Acei's away from the gravel vac, they will come to the surface and splash at me with their tale. So cute. I don't know if this is really considered training, but I just find it funny.

I had a speckled catfish like thing in my tank 7 years ago, and everytime it someone would walk by he would jump out of the water and scare them. When ever you cleaned the tank he would come over and just start jumping by your arm... he was a creepy little bloke. Had him for 5 years...

I've trained my fish that I'm not trying to kill them...and that I am the great provider of food. I can hand feed them now, and get them to swim in my hand. Now if only I could train them that the net wasn't trying to kill them. That would make my life much easier. I think I could train my betta if I could think of something to train him to do. He at least looks smart for a fish. I like how he follows me with his eyes instead of just turning his whole body.

Back
Top Bottom