Fish website

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjk454ss

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is there a good website to just browse pictures of different fish. I can always search from there to get more info, but I am having a hard time deciding what to get because I don't know what will go with what, and I read about them, but would like to see pictures too.

GOOGLE. Switch to picture-search and fill in the name of the fish you want to see.

For more info I always make a regular google search. And otherwise try badmanstropicalfish.com (? I think).

But the best way is always to google the name and you'll get hundrets of pages with info.

Go old school and get the Baensch atlas set.....or don't spend the $250 and hit your local library. ;) The problem with searching online is that you first need to know the names of the fish, and I am not sure that any picture atlas of community fishes is anywhere online in a single place.

for browsing, I've actually found liveaquaria.com useful. A few of the species they carry don't have pictures yet, but everything is grouped by environment type and there's fair parameters listed for each fish too(when you pull up the breed's page, not before).

Thanks for the info everyone, liveaquaria.com looks like just what I was looking for.

BTW, I am open to ideas and suggestions. So far I am kind of set on like 3 clown loaches and neon tetras. That is if they will work in my tank and live together. But any other suggestions I would love to hear, especially if they will go good with the two I mentioned.

Thanks

Blucat said:
how big is your tank?
Oh yeah, that might help. It is 55 gallons and I put the small blue pebbles that you buy in a bag at the bottom.

One thing I often do is google for something like: clown loach profile

just put any common fish name followed by profile and you'll get a dozen different profiles.
That or GIS for just the common fish name, or latin name (as long as you spell it right)

Back
Top Bottom