Fish with big belly !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christopherlh84

Aquarium Advice Activist
Me of my female emperor Tera's belly is big. Shes not as active as usual could she be prego?

She could just be full of eggs , or she could be bloated. Is she round or does she have
A sharper corner effect to her bely?

Probably bloated then. I heard peas help with bloating but o would have to double check with someone else.

K thanks I will keep a eye on her till tomorrow evening if she don't get better I will try something like peas or whatever someone recommends.

Overfeeding will cause fish to bloat, increase air supply, and change the water

The situation is probably breeding, separate the breeding pair from the other fish because the others will eat it!

Bubbles0oO said:
Probably bloated then. I heard peas help with bloating but o would have to double check with someone else.

Yes I would give her one deshelled pea, and fast her for a day and monitor closely.

aqua hobbyist said:
If it is pregnant, is the male doing anything unusual at this time??

They cant get pregnant they are egg layers, and the male may just want to mate

The situation is probably breeding, separate the breeding pair from the other fish because the others will eat it!

A breeding pair (and I use the term loosely, as these fish do not pair off) is just as likely to eat their own eggs as any of the other fish in the tank. They are egg scatterers and exhibit no parental care.

Well now my female looks to be almost back to her size and my male is hanging around one of my plants.

Back
Top Bottom