fish with the most personality?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say badis have great personality. I have seen one stake out a cave and sit here with just his head sticking out watching the rest of the tank. Even scarlet badis hage great personality.
As far as best personality between fish and owner I would say in my limited experience betta fish. I had one trained to eat off my finger. He would jump just slightly out of the water to get to my finger.
I am considering a figure 8 now based on what everyone says about them. Wonder how they would get along with waspfish and everglades flounder....

Seems there are a lot of figure 8 votes on the thread! I might have to Check it out too

probably my red devil and my clown fish. my red devil is really smart and has an attitude. she will stick her head 3-4 inches out of the water to grab food and swim around my hands while i pet her. only downside to that attitude is when i left for a couple days, she splashed about 15-20 gallons of water on the floor because i didnt feed her lol. i just love how my oc clown fish is so curious also, not quite as smart but i love its personality.

My ottos are the most charming fish in my tank and they are just so cute with their little pot bellies. May not be a big fish but lots of personality.

I've always loved puffers but have never quite had the tank size. I've heard they're really really comical and interactive and entertaining. I would definitely vote them! (& get one myself if I had the space lol). Bettas are great, but if you're getting a larger tank I wouldn't "waste" it on that as a signature piece fish. (& no, I'm not saying Bettas belong in small tanks or cups or anything) ;) also, Cory's are great! They were my first fish! But once again, wouldn't use then as a signature fish if you're trying to go big and bold. Either way, good luck! & I'm sure we would all love to hear/see whatever you decide with!

I'm gonna have to go with oscars or gourami's. Oscar's are such puppies, I love them.

I would say badis have great personality. I have seen one stake out a cave and sit here with just his head sticking out watching the rest of the tank. Even scarlet badis hage great personality.
As far as best personality between fish and owner I would say in my limited experience betta fish. I had one trained to eat off my finger. He would jump just slightly out of the water to get to my finger.
I am considering a figure 8 now based on what everyone says about them. Wonder how they would get along with waspfish and everglades flounder....

For the F8 Single species only tank, can be kept with certain Brachygobius sp. full time, however you will need to research extensively the species. It took me 3 months to gather the info. and positively identify my specimens, they lasted 4 years. They were happy together except when the gobies I had were moved to freshwater. There is a profile on the figure 8 which is good. Tetraodon Biocellatus. Forum plant fish profiles, the figure 8 profile.

For the F8 Single species only tank, can be kept with certain Brachygobius sp. full time, however you will need to research extensively the species. It took me 3 months to gather the info. and positively identify my specimens, they lasted 4 years. They were happy together except when the gobies I had were moved to freshwater. There is a profile on the figure 8 which is good. Tetraodon Biocellatus. Forum plant fish profiles, the figure 8 profile.

Thanks!

What great responses! I have a lot of answers to sift through and fish to choose from!

I love loaches! Kuhlis are adorable little guys, and my yoyos are so active and curious! Both have so much personality.

Back
Top Bottom