Fish with the most personality.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had a lot of fish that do not have a very distinct personality. I have had platies, guppies, couramis, tetras, otos and many other fish that were boring and just did nothing unusual or special or different. They were like just there. Staring at my fish tank was boring. But now that I have my two yellow labs, my tank is now active. My baby labs are funny. One of them last night spend 3 hours straight trying to chase and swim away from his reflection. My labs also actually come to the surface to get food when they see me. My other ones didn't. My demasoni's are cool when they first went into the tank and I left and came back the tank looked completely empty, I most the plants and some decorations and could not find them. I put some food in the tank and then I noticed that there was a big flat rock that was laying in the gravel on its side, almost perfectly leveled, but there was like an inch or 3/4 of an inch or smaller a gap between the edge of the rock and the gravel. Then I noticed two blue heads peeping through. They were my demasonis! They swim on their sides and some how pushed there way under the rock to hide. That is there hiding spot now. So I got two smaller rock to lift the bigger one off the ground so they can be upright under the rock and then I poured gravel around it all leaving a small barely visible openning to go throung and they love it! That is an entertaining fish.

OSCARS!
Hands down the winner, you cannot beat a Oscar for personality, intelligence, trainability, interaction...........
And mood swings ( :lol: )

I think that if you really needed big personality.. that I would agree that big cichlids seem to have it..
Oscars and Green Terrors being high on that list..

my mollies and gourami's tend to follow me around my tank and try to take bites of my arms...

Oscars are obvious, that is why they are such big sellers. Mine certainly has personality, but so does the Jack Dempsey he lives with.

I like Gouramis, when I had them, they would come right up to me and nibble at my fingers as I did water changes or adjusted things in the tank. Angels are very personable as well, piggy, but personable. When I walk through our fish room, all the angels come right up to see me, hoping for food.

But my favorite are my sailfin plecos. I have one in each tank, and they both have completely different personalities. I think I enjoy watching them more than any of my other fish.

red devils have the best personality.... they will jump out to get the food, let you feel them, and etc.

OSCARS!!! I have three and everyone is different. I trained my red to jump, my albino loves getting his head scratched(not often it's not good for the fish, he just likes attention) and my tiger will sit in the corner of the tank and watch me do my homework for hours. For oscars it's like a twist I don't observe them, they observe me. I think we share an equal joy in each others company.

oscars. my father had a big orange and black one, and if you werent giving him enough attention, he would flip open the tank lid and jump out, kamikaze style into you.

christmas morning one year, we were all opening presents, and he jumped at my little cousin cuz we werent paying attention to him.

Back
Top Bottom