Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #21
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
HN1's Avatar


 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ga
Posts: 8,169
Possibly, but rams might try to hunt. The dwarf crays or large shrimp would be your best chances for success I think, but they also have their own needs too. Most larger shrimp are filter feeders and tend to slowly starve in most aquariums they are attempted in. Large amanos MIGHT work, but there will be an element of risk to any first attempt. If you decide on your fish stocking, build from there and maybe try some ghost shrimp as a test?
__________________

__________________
Question everything you see on the internet. ~ George Orwell
HN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by HN1 View Post
Possibly, but rams might try to hunt. The dwarf crays or large shrimp would be your best chances for success I think, but they also have their own needs too. Most larger shrimp are filter feeders and tend to slowly starve in most aquariums they are attempted in. Large amanos MIGHT work, but there will be an element of risk to any first attempt. If you decide on your fish stocking, build from there and maybe try some ghost shrimp as a test?
Ok. I would be ok skipping shrimp if I Could have the dwarf crayfish. I always loved those.. I was thinking a pair of GBRs, some CPDs, Glowlight Tetras,Zebra Danios, Gold ringed Danios, ottos, and black kuhli loaches. Would the dwarf crays bother any of these?
__________________

__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #23
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
HN1's Avatar


 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ga
Posts: 8,169
I think CPOs would be ok. I haven't kept them with kuhlis before, but we have some with cories and they're both fine. The biggest problem will be making sure they (and the GBRs) get enough food in a tank with aggressive eaters.
__________________
Question everything you see on the internet. ~ George Orwell
HN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by HN1 View Post
I think CPOs would be ok. I haven't kept them with kuhlis before, but we have some with cories and they're both fine. The biggest problem will be making sure they (and the GBRs) get enough food in a tank with aggressive eaters.
So the crayfish would be fine with all of the fish if they could get food? I would make sure they where fed. I would find a sinking food of some sort
__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #25
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
HN1's Avatar


 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ga
Posts: 8,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodFan View Post
So the crayfish would be fine with all of the fish if they could get food? I would make sure they where fed. I would find a sinking food of some sort
I think it would be fine. Stock gradually and watch them though. Fish don't always behave the way we tell them they will.
__________________
Question everything you see on the internet. ~ George Orwell
HN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by HN1 View Post
I think it would be fine. Stock gradually and watch them though. Fish don't always behave the way we tell them they will.
Thanks! I think Im gonna try it! Ill just add the crayfish last and if it doesnt work Ill find him a new home!
__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #27
come get me tang police!
 
jetajockey's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a swamp near you /Pensacola, FL
Posts: 12,047
With the price of CPO's i don't think I'd be gambling with them, but let us know how it goes. Some fish will attack shrimp even if they aren't large enough to eat them whole, not sure about crayfish.
__________________
Dont Forget to Join my FREE weekly Plant Giveaway.
Click Here!
jetajockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey View Post
With the price of CPO's i don't think I'd be gambling with them, but let us know how it goes. Some fish will attack shrimp even if they aren't large enough to eat them whole, not sure about crayfish.
Ill let you know. Im more worried about the fish. Ill pull him out if I get worried.
__________________

__________________
God is amazing. The proof is in the pudding and the pudding is everywhere
African Leaf Fish Tank Build
GodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eat, rim, shrimp, shrimps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crystal red shrimps, neon terra, pelco Patrice Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 14 08-21-2011 11:39 PM
Wanted: Plants, shrimps, snails (UK) leikela Archive 0 07-19-2011 03:00 PM
vegetables for my fishes. kiddomagic Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 11 07-17-2011 02:37 PM
350 l Ideas for community fishes?? Harry Vysekal Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 6 07-15-2011 06:03 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.