Fishing "Pole"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you go fishing and or eat fish?

• Go fishing and eat every scrumptious morsel.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't fish but still enjoy eating a McFish.

• How could you! I would NEVER partake in such a barbaric ritual! Give me Tofu or give me death!

• Total voters

spittinfly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, my wife thinks I'm crazy because I still like to go fishing and can clean and eat what I catch. She can't see how I can disconnect from fishing and my fish tank.

So who's with me....

(sorry, had a little fun with the "no" answer)

Yeah, I told her "You still keep cats as pets right.....?"

Ha just kidding she doesn't really eat cats.

(she's gonna kill me if she reads this)

I catch and eat as well as catch and release. I love to eat fish. Sushi is generally a weekly thing for me.

:vomit: Sorry I lived in Japan for 3 years and the one time I tried sushi they couldn't even get scrambled eggs right. Cold eggs with sugar inside on rice !!! :shocked!: !!!

I've become a vegetarian, and don't believe in animal abuse, especially if it can be avoided.

BTW I'm a real vegetarian, not one of those people who call themselves vegetarians and eat fish??!!?!!

BTW I'm a real vegetarian, not one of those people who call themselves vegetarians and eat fish??!!?!!

I'm an omnivore (and have gobbled up my fair share of piscine dinners), but I would agree that you can't call yourself a vegetarian and still eat fish/chicken/etc. That's just avoiding red meat, which many people do for health reasons.

What I do, sort of, understand is people who feel they're vegetarians and still eat eggs. That discussion has great potential to deteriorate into a political argument, however.

And back on the subject...I think the only reason why fish are still pretty much food, and cats pretty much aren't, comes down to the fact that we figured out an alternative use for cats much sooner. If we had figured out how to constantly lure mice into a big pit with an arowana in it, we might feel a little different about the scaly ones.

Back
Top Bottom