Fishkeeping/Aquarium Hobbyist Conventions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Osage_Winter

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone know if there are any fishkeeping or aquarium hobbyist expos/conventions that ever come to the continental United States? I'm talking about expos that would include perhaps the latest and greatest in equipment (filtration, tanks, etc.) plus maybe display some exotic breeds of tropicals, salt water or Chinese fancy goldfish?

Does a show like this exist -- specifically on the U.S. west coast?

My apologies if this wasn't posted in the correct area of the forum; I wasn't completely certain where it belonged...:(:sad:

one i heard of called MACNA, not sure of anything about it though, think its only an annual deal

MACNA is the largest of all the aquaria conventions. it's pretty cool. they have it somewhere different every year and along with having a ton of vendors selling livestock, they also have all of the cutting edge components on display and for sale, like skimmers, lighting, tanks..etc.
if you have a chance to attend MACNA, go for it. you won't be disappointed.
apparently, it's in iowa next year.
MACNA 2011 > Home

MACNA is the largest of all the aquaria conventions. it's pretty cool. they have it somewhere different every year and along with having a ton of vendors selling livestock, they also have all of the cutting edge components on display and for sale, like skimmers, lighting, tanks..etc.
if you have a chance to attend MACNA, go for it. you won't be disappointed.
apparently, it's in iowa next year.
MACNA 2011 > Home

Thanks, Doug!

Does something like this ever come to the Vegas area, does anyone know?

here are the aquaria groups that have hosted MACNA, and the locations they've held the conventions-

1. Marine Aquarium Society of Torono, 1989
  2. Cleveland Saltwater Enthusiasts Association, 1990
  3. Windows to the Sea Marine Aquarium Society, New Jersey, 1991
  4. Florida Marine Aquarium Society, 1992
  5. Marine Aquarium Society of Torono, 1993
  6. Cleveland Saltwater Enthusiasts Association, 1994
  7. Louisville Marine Aquarium Society, 1995
  8. Kansas City Marine Aquarium Society, 1996
  9. Chicago Marine Aquarium Society, 1997
  10. Marine Aquarium Society of Los Angeles, 1998
  11. Louisville Marine Aquarium Society, 1999
  12. Florida Marine Aquarium Society, 2000
  13. Chesapeake Marine Aquarium Society, Baltimore, 2001
  14. Dallas-Fort Worth Marine Aqurium Society, 2002
  15. Louisville Marine Aquarium Society, 2003
  16. Boston Reefers Society, 2004
  17. Washington Area Marine Aquarium Society, 2005
  18. Marine Aqurium & Reef Society of Houston, 2006
  19. Pittsburg Marine Aquarium Society, 2007
  20. Atlanta Reef Club, 2008
  21. New Jersey Reefers Club, Atlantic City, 2009
  22. Orlando Reef Caretakers Association, 2010
  23. Greater Iowa Reef Society, 2011
get with your local clubs and see if you can rally them to come to vegas in 2012. that should be a great show!

Thanks so much for taking the time to type this up, Doug. I appreciate it.

I guess, though, that there are no annual shows that just "come around" in this hobby, huh? I was hoping that there would be like something along the lines of a Consumer Electronics Show, where a yearly vendor expo would tour the big show halls...

MACNA is for sw.

each group has their own thing.... there are catfish conventions cichlids conventions plants livebearers i can go on.... there also smaller regional things. best bet is to find a local club and often they know whats going on as well.

Consumer Electronics Show, where a yearly vendor expo would tour the big show halls...
there are shows like that just not normally in america.... one off hand is aquarama Aquarama 2011

most shows have some vendors but there isnt a big show just for vendors that i know of.

MACNA is for sw.

each group has their own thing.... there are catfish conventions cichlids conventions plants livebearers i can go on.... there also smaller regional things. best bet is to find a local club and often they know whats going on as well.

there are shows like that just not normally in america.... one off hand is aquarama Aquarama 2011

most shows have some vendors but there isnt a big show just for vendors that i know of.

Thanks -- Aquarama is pretty much what I was thinking of in terms of a show; unfortunate that they don't come to the U.S...

Well, it seems as though what I was inquiring about doesn't exist. Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom