fishless 10G stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

localhost

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 10G tank at my work that had a female betta in it. After having her for a year, she died (from old age I guess since most bettas only live a year and a half or so.

I want to restock this tank without fish. I had a bamboo in this tank for a few months and loved it but during it's 3rd molt, something went wrong and it didn't make it. I wouldn't mind shrimp and snails but also thinking about ADF's. Anybody got a good suggestions for this?

wgat about 1 or two zig zag eels.. they arent your typical fish and only grow about 6 inches... just a tought..

IMO fish that grow to be 6" are too big for a 10 gal, even one or two. There are tons of small fish, most tetras, cory cats, dwarf gouramis and on and on that you can keep together.

I like the eel idea but not even considering the tank size, these eels seem to prefer live foods mainly.

Duh :oops: LOL, my brain is asleep rofl. Too many sleepless nites lately. What about ADF's? Apple snails, like JC's Gary? Blue lobster, shrimps? I am waking up now, :lol:

Will the blue lobster bother shrimps? If not, I think the lobster and some shrimp would be quite entertaining. The ADF's seem cool also.

I thought a fire newt would be nice but I think a 20G or larger would be better for them so they're off the list right now.

I think the crayfish/lobsters will eat the shrimp. I didn't mean that they should go in together. ROFL I need sleep badly as you can tell from my posts tonight. :yawn:

Sort Of Different But. . .

I had another idea. . . You could fill the tank so that the water is 3-6 inches deep. Then take a flat piece of wood or rock or basically any waterproof flat surface and put it about a centimeter above the water. The land should not cover the surface, it's best to take up about 1/4 of the surface area. Use a piece of wood or rock to create a bridge from the land to the water. Provide plants or other hiding spots.

This is a great setup for 1-3 Fire Bellied Toads. They're easy to find, colorful, active and really cool. The only problem is that if you have a problem with live food then forget about them. They like crickets. You can't keep them with other species but they more than make up for that with their color and personality. Just thought that I'd suggest it.

Back
Top Bottom