Fishless Cycle Params - Please Review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! Drop your temp a degree or two to 78-79 & redose to 4ppm. If all is still zeroes tommorrow (it should be!) then plan for moving your fish this weekend. Continue to dose your amm until the night before the move then skip it. Break out that bottle of wine! You will need to do a big (100%) water change to drop your nitrates as low as your tap. Dont be surprised if it takes more than one big water change. Just make sure you use temperature-matched, properly conditioned water. Your temp will already be adjusted & you know how to acclimate your fish, so you are good to go! Monitor your water for a week or so after to make sure there are no surprises (bacteria are sensitive little creatures). I think thats about it! Btw, i love your dog! (My uncle raises, hunts & shows vizulas in trials) Congrats!!!!!! :)

JLK - Thanks for staying with me on this thread and helping me get through the process - your suggestions were point on perfect!... It was amazing watching the process develop.

I feel really great putting my fish in a properly cycled tank and the with a fishless cycle there is real confidence in knowing it's cycled correctly.

My dog Winston was awesome, he's been gone a few years but what a beautiful creature and wonderful companion.

That's cool about your uncle, I love Vizula's(!) they are amazing dogs and by nature have extreme passion for assisting the hunter.

Thanks again!!!!!!

Glad to help!!!!! I am sorry about Winston but its wonderful you memorialized him here! I would love to see pics of your guys once they are settled in! Congrats again! :)

Back
Top Bottom