Fishless cycled tank means less water changes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aphone

Aquarium Advice Activist
Instead of every few days its like once a month? Correct me if I'm wrong. Was thinking endlers from online but shipping is 30 dollars. So gonna go to the local pet shop and get whatever they have. Maybe guppies and adf

No, there is no relationship between a fishless cycle and water changes.

The amount of water changes you need is determined by how your tank is stocked.

No, there is no relationship between a fishless cycle and water changes.

The amount of water changes you need is determined by how your tank is stocked.

So their longitivity and health will be higher now that its cycled due to the nitrogen cycle. Not nessesarly mean that you change the water more or less?

So their longitivity and health will be higher now that its cycled due to the nitrogen cycle. Not nessesarly mean that you change the water more or less?
Whether you use fish or not during the cycling process it works pretty much the same way.

The difference between a fishless cycle and one with fish is that if you use fish you risk exposing the fish to potentially damaging levels of ammonia and nitrite while the cycle is happening.

Either way, no impact on water changes.

Good Beginning Fish

Instead of every few days its like once a month? Correct me if I'm wrong. Was thinking endlers from online but shipping is 30 dollars. So gonna go to the local pet shop and get whatever they have. Maybe guppies and adf

Hello A...

Go with Platys. Good sized, hardy fish that will easily adapt to your tap water's chemistry. Treat the tap water to remove the chemicals the public water people put into it to make it safe to drink and change the tank water often and you'll have one healthy tank.

B

Back
Top Bottom