fishless cycling journal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
when do you do the water tests? do you do them at the same time every time? the only things i can think is 1) you weren't actually cycled previously, and your tank is still cycling now or 2) you're getting false readings for your ammo and your plants are eating up all the nitrates. other than that i'm a bit stumped.

update (just gonna do 10 gallon updates now)
ph-7.6
ammo-.50
nitrites-.25
nitrates-a little less then 5.0
so im guessing something made my cycle start over. im gonna get some moss, and other plants from different petstore from there tank and add it to mine for more seed material.

also i wanna know if i can just use seachem prime rather thendoing a water change so that my ammo- nitrite and nitrite- nitrate bacteria still have food

so im expecting my 5 gallon to finish b4 my 10 does levels are
ammo-0
nitrites-cant read really dark purple,
nitrates-40.0
ill do a 50% so i dont stall the cycle

i found that ammonia source..... it was a rotting bulb i planted but the other 2 sprouted.

AHHH that's a relief!! so you were experiencing a mini cycle due to the extra "bio-load" :rolleyes: how annoying ..... glad you found the source!!! now do a PWC to get your ammonia-nitrite levels back to 0ppm and see what happens from there :)

Back
Top Bottom