fishy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iluvmyfishys2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my fishy was once all black when we bought him and now he is completely gold! he is a black moor with very big eyes! was he suppose to turn gold throughout these months?

From what I know, they are known to change colors, just make sure he is eating great and doesn't show any signs of stress or parasitic infections then you wont have to worry.

Only the highest quality Black Moors retain the darkest coloration throughout their lives. Most of the Moors we see in the lfs end up with something like a dark gold coloration when they mature. There's nothing wrong with them in terms of disease it's just a matter of maturation.

also if the temperature in the moor's tank is too high, that can contribute to loss of that velvety black we all love.

i didnt know that low quailty black moors could turn gold naturally, i read elsewhere that them turning gold was a sign that all was not up to their standards in their tank. like they say you learn something new every day :)

Back
Top Bottom