Fishy problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gouramiguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yesterday I went to petsmart(got a gift card for xmas) and there was a nice looking fish in the tanks. So on impulse, I bought it for like 7 bucks or so. It is about 2 and half inches in lenght now. The label there said it would get to about 7" or so. It is a peacful fish, and from what I have seen, it is a bottom dweller. It is striped like a tiger barb, but it is not a black ruby. It does look like something from the barb familly however. Possibly even a loach, even though there are no barbells from what I can see, but it does have that shape. The tag at the store only had the italian name and lady didnt know its common name. Unfortunatly I dont have a pic, or remember what the italian name is. Oh, and it does eat flake food. Any info that would lead me to know what it is that I have would be appreciated.

It sounds like it might be a clown loach? My avatar shows clown loaches. Although they get to be much larger than 7".

My advice: go back to the store and write down the latin name, and then post it here. Otherwise, there's no telling what it is.

bosk1 said:
My advice: go back to the store and write down the latin name, and then post it here. Otherwise, there's no telling what it is.

Very true, we could be guessing for quite a while.

No, it definitly is not a clown loach. I have had those for a while. But After looking at it a little better, I noticed that it has a body more like a rainbow shark, only it has the stripes like a tiger barb. Light brown and black. I do have a pic, darn thing just wont let me load it onto the puter. But I should have it on soon.

Back
Top Bottom