Fix for broken filter intake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Posivated

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Aqeon Quietflow 50 and it has the intake thing that goes into the tank that sucks up the water and the end piece that you can adjust and remove I snapped in half by accident. I cut some filter foam to fit between the 2 pieces to hold them together, but I'm not sure if it's slowing down the water intake to much and I don't know how to tell that either. Are there other methods I could do to fix this? I imagine super glue would be toxic to the fish, I'm going to try and find a replacement today but not sure if my petstore will have them.

I know that my aqueon had a lifetime warranty on all parts of the filter (except for cartridges) so i would look on the box and give aqueon a call.

I have a Aqeon Quietflow 50 and it has the intake thing that goes into the tank that sucks up the water and the end piece that you can adjust and remove I snapped in half by accident. I cut some filter foam to fit between the 2 pieces to hold them together, but I'm not sure if it's slowing down the water intake to much and I don't know how to tell that either. Are there other methods I could do to fix this? I imagine super glue would be toxic to the fish, I'm going to try and find a replacement today but not sure if my petstore will have them.

Superglue is not toxic to fish. A lot of members use it to glue corals to rocks. Also during planted tank competitions, most of them glue plants to driftwood or rocks.

Well then, thats fantastic. Thanks for the info, have some super glue right here :)

Back
Top Bottom