Flame honey gourami , new fish questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya they were one of the first fish I bought when I had my 25 gal community tank. Very peaceful interactive fish. They actually like to hang out with my GBRs

Coronablue. What a lovely fish. love the combo of what looks like yellow with the orange fins. Thank you so much for posting those pictures. Alison:flowers:

I have 3 types of Gourami. I have the Normal Yellow, and Blue larger ones.. They are actually my moms.. She has the yellow one for god.. like 6 years now I think, the blue one is probably 2-3 years old.. They are like probly 4 inches long.. As for friendly or not.. My experience having the flame in my 27g for awhile he was kinda aggressive. The 6 year old and 3 year old blue and yellow gourami my mom has though are supper passive friendly.. They don't care about anyone or anything in that tank, and I have Discus and Angle fish in my 55g with them.. They might swim next to the fish and touch them with those whiskers of theres but they don't do anything else

The 3rd one is mine in my 10g Tank, I tried to make my 10g a Volcano/planted theme so I took my 4 Serpae tetra's in my 27g and my 24k white clouds out and put them in my 10g bowfront, and I bought a flaming dwarf gourami. I like him.. Im not a HUGE fan of gourami honestly.. but I like this one..

Gourami like calm water, with LOTS of plants and plants on the surface to make bubble nests.. I remember when I first got him he went crazy making a bubble nest under my red tiger lilies, Lillie on the surface of the water when I had him in my 27g waiting for my 10g to cycle.

img_3079938_0_3b8def1d6691088a085ec398b151c89e.jpg

img_3079938_1_b5e0ef66bb07929b93971bdc91f8d65f.jpg

They are lovely .Just joining in to ask can the gourami go in a 340 litres tank with corys, rummy nose, neons, guppies and mollies? Or can anybody see possible problems?

Sent from my SM-G800F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't see a problem. I had the large yellow and blue gourami with neons, platies, adult angels, discus, and rainbows .. they can get along with pretty much anything in my experience

Mine is in a 10 gal with 5 harlequin rasboras and one cory cat. I would think it would be fine with that combo of fish. Alison:)

Candymancan, What a neat looking tank. I love the way it looks. How do you keep the plants so healthy looking? Do you add extra plant food? He looks like a happy fish. Alison:flowers:

I don't see a problem. I had the large yellow and blue gourami with neons, platies, adult angels, discus, and rainbows .. they can get along with pretty much anything in my experience

FYI Blue, yellow, opaline, and 3 spot Gouramis are all the same species. And just like Bettas, their temperament varies widely.

Some are Very Aggressive. Tons of stories on the web of them killing tank mates. Some are nice.

My favorite large Gourami is the Pearl Gourami. Typically the most peaceful of the larger Gouramis.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI Blue, yellow, opaline, and 3 spot Gouramis are all the same species. And just like Bettas, their temperament varies widely.

Some are Very Aggressive. Tons of stories on the web of them killing tank mates. Some are nice.

My favorite large Gourami is the Pearl Gourami. Typically the most peaceful of the larger Gouramis.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive heard the kissing ones those pink things are really mean..

As for my tank Alison, Its a 10g Marineland bowfront, the green plant is a water wisteria that I had in my 55g for like a year it was already that size when I put it in and the red plants are Altenthera renekei or however you spell it.. They are the only red plants I know of that stay red even with the worst lighting.. In fact they turn pink with dim lights. I don't put any plant food in this tank

I tried water wisteria in two of my tanks with no luck, They just melted. what is surviving is java fern and anubias nana, marimo moss balls and java moss. some riccia and some water spangles. I also use gravel in all my tanks. I don't like sand, I find it too hard to use for me. Had it in the bottom of a betta bubble bowl and sucked a lot of it right down the sink while trying to syphon during a water change. Back to gravel for me.:rolleyes:. Alison:)

Back
Top Bottom