florida driftwood *They are here finally! Pictures**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long do I have to leave them tied to the rocks and stuff? Also do I need fertilizer with these, or will they do ok without?

Java ferns and moss will attach to porous/textured rocks over time. I can't really say how long however. I usually keep mine tied down until the roots get long, at which time I stick the roots into the substrate. Just be careful not to bury the rhizome (the thick green part where the leaves shoot out of) into the gravel. I hear that makes the plant rot.

With regards to fertilizer, I believe that Java ferns and moss will do fine without it. They are both low light plants and need minimal care to do well. I think so long as your fish retain the capacity to poop, they should do fine. 0X

They look good to me. Out of curiousity, what is the spiky (sort of looks like Yucca) plant to left of the Java fern in the second photo?

That would be plastic :D I bought this round clump of plastic grass stuff and separated all the sections so I have little clumps everywhere. You can see a bunch in the last pic. Thanks for the info guys.

Back
Top Bottom