Flow Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I havent found the combination I really like right now. I've only had it for a month. I don't replace anything. As like you. I just rinse the foam pad every other PWC and that's it.

micaiah12 said:
I havent found the combination I really like right now. I've only had it for a month. I don't replace anything. As like you. I just rinse the foam pad every other PWC and that's it.

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback :) does that filter pad button, the one that tells you when you need to "change" them, come in handy?

Concerning your O.P. question, if you contain the floating plants in your tank to an area away from your filters output and intake the plants will stay out of intake.
I use styrofoam sheets cut to about 1/4" and thread fishingline thru it. I encircle my frogbit and duckweed this way. You'd be suprised. It works remarkably well.

Cichlid Kid said:
Concerning your O.P. question, if you contain the floating plants in your tank to an area away from your filters output and intake the plants will stay out of intake.
I use styrofoam sheets cut to about 1/4" and thread fishingline thru it. I encircle my frogbit and duckweed this way. You'd be suprised. It works remarkably well.

Could u post a pic of that please. I can't really picture it in my head :)

I'm at work right now but the thin strip of foam floats on the water surface and causes a barrier that the plants can't go over.

Cichlid Kid said:
I'm at work right now but the thin strip of foam floats on the water surface and causes a barrier that the plants can't go over.

Did you have to do anything to make it aquarium safe?

Just a rinse in aqua. water. The foam is polypropylene so its pretty much inert and the fishin line of course is safe also.

Back
Top Bottom