Flower horn & other fishes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcontes77

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Guys,

I currently have a Flower horn 6 inches long he is alone in a 20gallon tank.
I want to put him in a 50 Gallon Tank with my other fishes but... I am afraid he is going to eat all of them.
I heard that they are really territorial and that they can live w/h other fishes in a big tank.
Should I try?
please give me some advices !

Thank you

Damien

I think they will be fine some might not think so because of the angels but angels get aggresive with age how old are they? (the angels)

No, don't mix the flowerhorn with other fishes as they are territorial in nature. And Holton, these are flowerhorns!

BD6.jpg
SRD0018.jpg
SSS0002.jpg
RedKamfa8001a.jpg

I would love to have one, but I was told they would kill my fahaka, who actually is a pretty mild fellow for a puffer. At one of the LFS I go to, there was a fahaka that had been returned 3x because it was so mean. They put it in a tank with a FH & the FH beat up the fahaka.

flowerhorns need to be by themselves, period. they will attack and/or kill everything else in your tank, with the exception of a pleco of similar size. they need at least a 50gl as they will grow to between 9-12inchs when fully grown...

they will attack and/or kill everything else in your tank, with the exception of a pleco of similar size.

My brother learned the hard way that plecos are no exception. The pleco was actually bigger than the FH, the FH didn't care.

Back
Top Bottom