Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-26-2011, 04:05 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I thought I posted it in the fresh water discussion? where do i ask a question on my problem? ok thanks for the advice on the ammonia. but how do i cure my fish from those white fluffy spots? sorry for being rude, I didn't understand that i posted it in a wrong place. I'm new here and english is obviously not my first language. I didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings. I'm really worried about my fish and no one can help, I called a fish vet but its busy till next week and i don't know how serious the consequences could be if I keep my fish in that state any longer

Old 11-26-2011, 04:09 AM   #12

p.s. the tank is cycled

Old 11-26-2011, 04:25 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm thinking maybe ick
Try & raise the temp of the tank
& keep adding salt appropriately
Old 11-26-2011, 04:37 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Hi and welcome. could you try and post a picture or two for us? If it's white and fluffy it could be a fungus of some sort. Ich looks like someone has sprinkled little grains of salt on the fish. Unfortunately disease is usually brought on by stress and/or poor water conditions. In this case a tank that is too small.
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:37 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermjnt
I thought I posted it in the fresh water discussion? where do i ask a question on my problem? ok thanks for the advice on the ammonia. but how do i cure my fish from those white fluffy spots? sorry for being rude, I didn't understand that i posted it in a wrong place. I'm new here and english is obviously not my first language. I didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings. I'm really worried about my fish and no one can help, I called a fish vet but its busy till next week and i don't know how serious the consequences could be if I keep my fish in that state any longer
Its all good! Now, about your fish. Im thinking its ick also. Does it almost look like grains of salt protruding from the fish's skin? If so, raising the temp slowly over a period of a day or two get the temp to 86 degrees farenheit. Also, a little bit of aquatium salt helps too
Old 11-26-2011, 04:43 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay it does seem like ich. Ich is caused by stress, and this can happen when the fish is moved, being attacked or doesnt have compatible fish tank mates, or having to live in a small tank, and i saw your pictures so it looks like you have a pretty large flowerhorn in a very small tank. So this is what will need to be fixed first. Also the flowerhorn likes temperatures of 80-85, am i correct about that? If so you could slowly raise your temperatures to 86/87 without harming the fish, and getting rid of ich. If this doesnt work (because it takes a few weeks) buy ich attack, an herbal formula that works in days! Good luck to you and maggie
Old 11-26-2011, 04:53 AM   #17

Thank you for answering guys!! I don't think it ick, I saw photos of it on the internet, it doesn't look similar to that. its more like two sticking out spots pink/white covered with film. only two one millimeter size on one fin and one on the other. ill post a photo now
Old 11-26-2011, 05:14 AM   #18

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1656024821.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	62987

this one is the bigger than the one on the other fin. it looks smaller on the photo
Old 11-26-2011, 05:15 AM   #19

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-635167499.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	62988

top view
Old 11-26-2011, 05:19 AM   #20

i agree the tank is way too small for my fish now, the new one is coming next week Im looking forward to move Maggie in it. but i heard the tank should be cycled for at least one week before I place the fish in it, is that right?

Tags
flow

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com