Fluval C2 or C3, Oversizing For Tank OK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnRoscoe

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 16G bowfront that I've decided to trick out, rather than investing in a larger tank now, will eventually upgrade though, and would like to reuse when I do.

The Fluval C2 is listed for 10-30 Gallons, and the C3 is listed for 20-50. Could I use a C3 with the flow rate turned down in my tank, or would it be too much movement?

Also planning to switch to buried cable heating and considering a bubble wall at the rear while I have the tank torn up, don't think this affects the filtration.

i would go with C3, no such thing as over-filtration. as long as your fish is not been blown out of the water, it will be fine.

Yah, i would def go with C3. Its only a few bucks more. That way when u ever upgrade it good to up to 50G. If its too much current even on the low setting, you can always slow the flow rate even more by putting a sponge filter or something at the spout of your filter, or add some cool floating plants. I added floating plants, and it helped till my fish destroyed them.:slurp:

Back
Top Bottom