fluval filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

user404

Aquarium Advice Regular
As I posted earler I got my sump/refugeum set up running...it seems ok..but I just thought Id take a second to post a later thought.

I User404 would like to publicly appologize for all the people who have been DUPED by Fluval, Duped into thinking Fluval could make a canister filter. After removing the sponges so I could get the full GPH rating of the 205 Filter I was in for a treat..
The repriming of the Fluval with the SIMPLE PRIME LEVER..
This was total nightmare..I got this filter for 50.00 brand new at Petsmart and am NOT sure it was worth the 50.00..The repriming of this filter was TOTAL pain..It took forever and I wound up removing the outlet and applying a suction pump to reprime the filter after finding out that pumping the SIMPLE PRIME lever for about 6 minutes or so just wasnt going to cut it...
As part of this appology I vow that this POS WILL be replaced with at RENA filstar as soon as possible..Im NOT new to canister filters, I was satified with the ease of my RENA Filstar..But after using the Fluval 205 for a few hours I KNOW BEYOND A DOUBT I will be a RENA FILSTAR user from now on...
Anyone who has settled for less should at least TRY the filstar..I have NEVER had priming issues as I have today..Worst case I have to unbuckle one of the buckles on my filstar while its running and "burp" it..Fluval dosnet play that...
I would just like to tell ANYONE who is considering a Fluval with the SIMPLE PRIME METHOD...KEEP THE RECIEPT...Or start out with the RENA Filstar..
Sincerely
User404

I own 7 Fluvals including 4 405's and 3 FX/5's and I'll tell you if your having priming issues it's user error IMO, there's a reason the majority of hobbyist use Fluvals for their canister needs...with this rant you'll be one of many who use these with great success.

I would normally think the same.. How complicated can a PUMP THIS LEVER TO PRIME BE?

Back
Top Bottom