Fluval food quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

echoDreamz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Normally I purchase Omega One, however they were out, I do not like the other brands they sell as I've read they use a lot of filler and cheap ingredients.

I purchased Fluval Color Enhancing flakes. Does anyone know anything about their food? I know they make good equipment, which is why I gave it a go.

Thanks!

All good brand food is good food. Just don't go buy food at the dollar store, thoses are cheap food full of PO4.

If it was not written on the product "Enchance color power" and "100% pure bla bla bla" and "Most power food bla bla", would you buy it ?

In my case, I put frozen blood worms, frozen brine shrimps with a mix of grinded pellet and flake food in a container, I wait bloodworms melts, then I put cold water in this and put it into the freezer again.

It will make a iceblock, then I crush the ice block to form smaller pieces, then I feed daily a small piece of this frozen mixture.

All my fishs seems to enjoy it, and it make a multiple nutrients food. Fish colors are awesome, I think it's a sign of thriving.

In my case, I put frozen blood worms, frozen brine shrimps with a mix of grinded pellet and flake food in a container, I wait bloodworms melts, then I put cold water in this and put it into the freezer again.

It will make a iceblock, then I crush the ice block to form smaller pieces, then I feed daily a small piece of this frozen mixture.

All my fishs seems to enjoy it, and it make a multiple nutrients food. Fish colors are awesome, I think it's a sign of thriving.

That's an interesting mixture and one I might try. I have a few groups of fish that will only take live or frozen foods but I never thought about mixing it all together. Thanks!

That's an interesting mixture and one I might try. I have a few groups of fish that will only take live or frozen foods but I never thought about mixing it all together. Thanks!

You can also feed frozen food one day, flake other day, pellets other day, brine shrimps other day... But I prefer mix all them up, so they eat what they like.

This is what I currently feed mine. Their colors are so vibrant too and they love it. It's 11$ for 1.7oz. Well worth it too because they are mini sinking pellets

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140205_201158.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140205_201158.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 44
I currently feed almost all frozen and occasionally some pellets to the fish that will eat them. I occasionally feed Repashy as well.

The fluval stuff is what used to be nutrafin (newly rebranded), I've been using it as a staple food since I was a kid

OP as long as your fish eat the food it is perfectly fine quality food to feed them.

OP as long as your fish eat the food it is perfectly fine quality food to feed them.

Some, like me, says that they'll eat what they need to eat and it's fine, other folks say every fishs need a specific diet, but I just think they need a bit calories/proteins/nutriments to thrive, so almost any food contains it and should be ok...

Try to avoid fried potatoes or McDonals food, they may not eat it... Mine like lasagna and pizza.

I just discovered my shrimps and corys really like dead fishs, as I did a mistake and all my lampeye fry died. The good thing is that I haven't to find all hidden dead fishs, they took care of it.

Back
Top Bottom