Fluval Spec Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah. I just finished scaping mine :) I'm ready to add inverts.

Good news! I don't need a heater! :) I am hopefully going to get some very young pufferfish this weekend. As said before, this is simply a growout (and trial to see how they do) tank. I have a 10g on the day that they can go in if they need it, so please don't lecture or criticize. I want to try to get a male and female. I guess I will have to see what the LFS has.

maxwellag said:
Good news! I don't need a heater! :) I am hopefully going to get some very young pufferfish this weekend. As said before, this is simply a growout (and trial to see how they do) tank. I have a 10g on the day that they can go in if they need it, so please don't lecture or criticize. I want to try to get a male and female. I guess I will have to see what the LFS has.

I'd just say I hope you add in a lot of stem plants to break up the line of sight and make the inside of the tank feel like a jungle. It may work like that. I honestly can't see why not.

MABJ said:
I'd just say I hope you add in a lot of stem plants to break up the line of sight and make the inside of the tank feel like a jungle. It may work like that. I honestly can't see why not.

I'm going to get driftwood and put some plants on that. I am not sure what kind yet.

Good work! Can we see?

How is your skimmer filter output thing positioned?

MABJ said:
Good work! Can we see?

How is your skimmer filter output thing positioned?

Well, it is aimed all the way up at the moment. I thought it was not a very strong filter, when I realized I had the return pump set on low flow. Lol. I will get a picture.

Here it is. I made the yeast and suagr mixture last night and let it sit overnight so it would get started.
:( phone never attaches pictures

I still can't see.

I keep it on low, too. I fear anything near high is too strong for shrimp. I've got mine up too. It only bothers the snails, but they like to play in the current

I am getting dwarf pufferfish today! :dance:
Hopefully they will be old enough to sex. I really want a male and female!

maxwellag said:
I am getting dwarf pufferfish today! :dance:
Hopefully they will be old enough to sex. I really want a male and female!

Let us know how it goes!!

Added a temporary decoration full of hiding spots. :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120428_155554.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120428_155554.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 75
MABJ said:
Is the puffer there?

No, I am on my way home with them right now. :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120428_165828.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120428_165828.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 78
They're in the tank! :) I really hope I have a male and female. They were pretty small, so it was hard to sex them.

Attachments

• IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0676.jpg
    IMG_0676.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 77
Awwww adorable! I had never seen them before until a few weeks ago, a local LFS had them and I stared at the tank going "awwwwwwwwww." I'm jealous ;)

Back
Top Bottom