Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Apisto addiction

POTM Champion

I ordered a 2g spec yesterday, and it arrives tomorrow. I am going to see what plants I can grow with its LEDs. It is a shallow tank, so I am hoping it will be able to grow dwarf baby tears. I won't be able to set it up until next Wednesday, though.

maxwellag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Awesome, love to see how it turns out.
What inverts are you gonna stock?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
Apisto addiction

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Albiman
Awesome, love to see how it turns out.
What inverts are you gonna stock?
I am not going to stock inverts, I was thinking baby dwarf puffers. I have a 10 gallon that I am going to set up soon that I can use as a grow out tank, if they ever get that big.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellag View Post
I ordered a 2g spec yesterday, and it arrives tomorrow. I am going to see what plants I can grow with its LEDs. It is a shallow tank, so I am hoping it will be able to grow dart baby tears. I won't be able to set it up until next Wednesday, though.
Did you mean dwarf baby tears?
Old 04-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
Apisto addiction

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua_chem

Did you mean dwarf baby tears?
LOL yes I'll fix that
Old 04-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellag View Post
I am not going to stock inverts, I was thinking baby dwarf puffers. I have a 10 gallon that I am going to set up soon that I can use as a grow out tank, if they ever get that big.
Awesome! Sorry I just assumed because it's so small you'd be stocking shrimp/snails, but you seem to have it all figured out.
Good luck!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
Apisto addiction

POTM Champion

I got this tank because I admire the design and functionality. It has a built in sump that even has room for a heater inside. Here is a video showing how the heater fits into the sump (kudos to pecktec for the video):

I plan to "instant cycle" it with some of my used filter media. I will dose some ammonia and see how fast it goes down. If it can't go through 2 ppm of ammonia in 24 hours, I am going to keep dosing until it can. Dwarf puffers are messy eaters, and this is a relatively small tank, so I want to make sure it's cycled. I bought some freeze dried brine shrimp cubes, freeze dried krill, frozen bloodworms, and frozen daphnia. If these foods aren't accepted, I will just use pond snails as a last resort.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellag
I got this tank because I admire the design and functionality. It has a built in sump that even has room for a heater inside. Here is a video showing how the heater fits into the sump (kudos to pecktec for the video):

I plan to "instant cycle" it with some of my used filter media. I will dose some ammonia and see how fast it goes down. If it can't go through 2 ppm of ammonia in 24 hours, I am going to keep dosing until it can. Dwarf puffers are messy eaters, and this is a relatively small tank, so I want to make sure it's cycled. I bought some freeze dried brine shrimp cubes, freeze dried krill, frozen bloodworms, and frozen daphnia. If these foods aren't accepted, I will just use pond snails as a last resort.
Awesome video! These tanks are really nice and the layout he did was really nice makes me wanna get one with RCS lol
Old 04-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishandmusic81

Awesome video! These tanks are really nice and the layout he did was really nice makes me wanna get one with RCS lol
Also say I am gonna buy one where's the cheapest place I can buy one I know they do tend to be a bit expensive
Old 04-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #10
Apisto addiction

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishandmusic81

Maybe I will be able to find some driftwood that small. Who knows...

Tags
build, fluval, fluval spec, nano, spec, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com