Foam/bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

escarlile

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am having an issue with foam/bubbles gathering on the surface of the water. I recently treated my tank for popeye. I removed the charcoal from my filter for the duration of the treatment. I didn't want to cause too much change so I started off with putting charcoal back in the filter. Several days later, I did 50% water change. Water has remained cloudy. A few days later, I notice foam/bubbles floating on the surface. Two days ago, did another 30% water change. Bubbles were back yesterday. Fish seem to be happy/healthy but what's up with this nasty looking water?! Help please!

What color are the foam and bubbles? Can you post a pic?
A lot of different meds and water treatments can cause foam, and sometimes cloudy water, but after 2 water changes, and carbon in the filter, it should have dissipated by now.

Was the charcoal separate from the filter pads or inside the filter pads?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Charcoal was separate from filter pads. My husband said he washed it before putting it in the filter pad.

Could be from meds could be bacteria bloom with protein bubbles. Do a 50 percent wc.

Back
Top Bottom