foaming/gelatine top water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrice

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hello.
Do Ramshorn snails sacretion can great foaming on top of the water?
My snails are in a water of 6.6 ph stable from c02, i heard that if there are stress, they can sacred a lot of mucus. May that be the cause?

I do not really know anything about snails, but that could be the cause. I would read some more.

Just be aware that high ammonia can cause some foaming. Also high levels of dissolved solids. How much foam???
I would do a series of small water changes over the next week or so and monitor water quality

Out of curiosity, what dechlorinator are you using in that tank? When I used Tetra AquaSafe, some component made foam when agitated by filter flow.

Sorry for the late reply
I don't have ammonia in my aquarium. And for protein, they only way i can think its possible, his from death of snails (because off the high pH.) I used Prime as as decelerator that i just finish.
Its bine this way for 4 week, have to remove top water every 2 day so that it dont bild up. Seem to me, that after 1h the light is off, that's the worse time its build up. Water quality is good.

Still have the same problem. Seem to me, it happen mostly when the light is turn off. I did lower the dosing of dechlorinator, but no visible effect.

IMG_20130214_094038.jpgIMG_20130214_094057.jpgIMG_20130214_094025.jpg

Back
Top Bottom