Foggy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xabien

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello.
Has anyone got any ideas on how I should get rid of my foggy water? The water is clean but it seems a bit foggy. Thanks

foggy norm is phorsper. Can be remove by using phospher bonding chemical (norm sell as water clearing chemical at lfs) or partial water change.

Try not to over feed the tank.

The only chemical you should add to your tank is dechlorinator.

First off, is the tank new? New tanks will be cloudy as they cycle.

Ditto William. You need to test your ammonia and nitrite, and if you have measurable amounts of them then you are in the midst of a cycle and do water changes to keep the levels down, until you have zero of each. IME, cloudy water is most often a result of being in a cycle. There are other things, too, of course, but that is the most obvious and easiest to deal with.

Nah. It isn;t a new tank. My levels are fine. The water isn;t cloudy. It is crystal clear in my opinion. But it looks like a haze is being created. I thought it was more to do with the lighting and maybe the fact that my background is on the outside of the glass causing a reflection. :(

I for one am confused. The water is crystal clear, yet it is foggy, so I don't know if you mean there is a film on the top of the water, or what. :?

I think I understand. Mine can be the same way. It looks clear from the front view but a little foggier from the side or in a white bucket. Mine comes from algae. put it in a white bucket and tell us if its green.

nope. the water is clear. ok. This is how I can best describe it. If I stand up and look at the tank then it looks ok. If I sit down and look at it I can see the top of the water line and it looks foggy. I think it is happening because of the light. I had been overfeeding my fish but I am not anymore. so maybe that will help. Thanks.

Xabien my tank has been the same way for 5 weeks now. It looks ok if I’m standing up but if I sit down and look up to the water line or if I look in the sides I can see the a light fog. But in my tank I have thousands of micro bubbles everywhere. Some of the guys here think that I may have a bacterial bloom.

Back
Top Bottom