foggy water, help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goldfish1212

Aquarium Advice Activist
My tank has been set up for a few months now but my water has started to get foggy all of a sudden. The ph is 7 and the nitrites is 0ppm and the nitrates is 30 ppm and the amonia is 0ppm. i used a liquid api test for the amonia and ph and api test strips for the nitrites/nitrates (since i can't find a liquid test at my pet store for those). I turn on my tank light for about 7 hours a day.

my tetras seem unaffected but my cory cats are all swimming up to the top of the water really fast and gasping for breath and darting around which I know is a bad thing. I've tried doing about a 20% water change for about 4 days in a row to get rid of the foggyness but it doesn't work. normally i do a 25% water change once a week with my gravel vac. i know the problem is not due to lack of airation, between my airstone and the ridiculously strong current from my filter there is plenty of airation.

I have had this problem before and found that when i changed the carbon pack part of my filter and cleaned out the foam and pebble inserts in old water it cleared right up. that didn't work this time. What do I do?

Back
Top Bottom