food difference? please read b4 I feed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey everyone! well heres my question. I normally prefer to feed my fishies tetramin tropical flake food, and as of right now I'm almost out, no big deal though. My boss Gave me 3 big 7 oz cans of tetrafin goldfish flakes for free. I checked the ingredients and about 98% of them are the same between the tropical and goldfish flakes, is there any harm in feeding my tropical fish the goldfish flakes? I would hate to throw out all that good flake food if I can't feed it to my fish...thanks

I'd like to hear the official reply from someone as well, but I know tropicals will eat Goldfish flakes. I've run out before and had to go with Goldfish food.

My guess is the goldfish flake just has more vegetable content than the tropical flake. Your tropicals will not turn into goldfish if they eat it. :p Of course, YMMV regarding whether they will accept the new food right away. It may take a day or two (depending on how hungry they are) before they realize that strange new stuff is food.

I went ahead and fed my fish some, they act like its no different than the tropical flakes. Plus all the ingredients match up, only the goldfish one has a couple more things in it. I'll try it for a couple weeks, maybe if I'm lucky my fishies will gain some weight lol

Back
Top Bottom