Food for Cory, Platy, Guppy, Cherry Barb and Scissortail Rasbora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celticfan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 2 Cory, 2 Guppy, 5 Platy, 4 Cherry Barb and 1 Scissortail Rasbora.

Just wondering if what I feed is ok, I feed every day with flake food and every couple of days freeze dried bloodworm and about once every 2 weeks freeze dried tubifex. Is that a good enough diet or is there anything else I should add. Just wondering since I just added 3 platies and 1 more guppy today and was worrying incase the corys which dont come to the top to feed that often and all the food mostly stays near the top if I should get a food that sinks for them and what ones are good?

The flake food I use is:

40% protein
8% oils and fats
2.7% crude ash
1.4% crude fibre

Doesnt say what the rest is :confused: I assume carbs?

Either get some sinking food like pellets of something or try to distract all the swimmers on one side of the tank and sink some flakes where the Cories are.

Cories also like peas, just boil them and crush the insides, they will sink to the bottom and Cories will just nibble on it.

Only feed peas as a treat, not daily.

My cories ate sinking pellets, frozen bloodworm, brine shrimp, mysis as they need meat in their diet odd time they'd get live food bloodworm and brine shrimp. Sinking flakes i think it was tetra, they also munched on the pleco wafers i put in to be honest they ate everything that went in lol Sunday's they had a deshelled pea and cucumber! Hope this helps you :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom