food for corys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janeth0185

Aquarium Advice Regular
i purchased a spotted cory 2 days ago and the only food i have right now are flakes...since there bottom fish how are they even able to eaat flakes? he ate yesyerday because some of the flake went sinking down but its seems too hard to get that always to happen , because my guppy will just eat it if he sees it.should i buy pellets or what good sinking food is best?:confused:

FYI, cores do best in groups(4-6). They will scavenge food off the bottom, but you can get some sinking shrimp pellets if your feeling it's not getting enough to eat. What size tank do you have?

FYI, cores do best in groups(4-6). They will scavenge food off the bottom, but you can get some sinking shrimp pellets if your feeling it's not getting enough to eat. What size tank do you have?

i know they do best in groups.i got one because i aint know that when i got it.but ill be gettin 3 more soon. i got a 10g. i only got the cory n a guppy.if i get 3 more corys will it be over stocked?

What kind of Cory do you have/will you be getting? A 10 is a bit small for the larger species. A total of 4 should be ok. Is it a female or male guppy? Just add the cories and no more fish and you should be ok. Just watch your water prameters and keep up with your pwc's.

What kind of Cory do you have/will you be getting? A 10 is a bit small for the larger species. A total of 4 should be ok. Is it a female or male guppy?

its a spotted cory.n ill be getting the same ones.the sales guy said it was ok for a 10g cuz it dont grow much.n im not sure if its a male or female guppy.

Does your guppy have a large fan tail? Here is a general picture, smaller top pic is a female and bottom is a male. Chances are if its a female, it's already prego. And will have babies soon.

Attachments

• image-1395172713.jpg
    image-1395172713.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 64
Does your guppy have a large fan tail? Here is a general picture, smaller top pic is a female and bottom is a male. Chances are if its a female, it's already prego. And will have babies soon.

yea its a female then.n y do you say its preggo???:confused:

Guppies are the rabbits if the fish world, they breed like crazy. Also, they can hold sperm for long periods of time and get prego off it more than once. Personally I would rehome it and get a Honey Dwarf Gourami. They are small and mostly topwater fish.

Just FYI, you don't HAVE to get more corys if you don't want to.

A solitary cory will still live a long healthy life if taken care of (food, water quality, all the normal stuff) in the tank.

Do you have sand or gravel in your tank? Because if you have have sand you can get some sinking shrimp pellets and bury them 3 mm into the sand they are always digging their nose in the sand.. So they will find it very quickly...

I just took some pics so u can see how they find their food... My other fish just come in and swarm when they sense the food... The first pice shows that he has found his prize...

image-1904108081.jpg

image-3866212262.jpg

image-603124431.jpg

image-1147558283.jpg

image-1214319294.jpg

image-3059578638.jpg

Back
Top Bottom