Forgot to boil driftwood.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Bought some driftwood from petco with a small plant and do I still have to boil it? Added to my new tank 55G's

The tannins that the driftwood give off is actually liked by some fish. But the tannin may lower your pH, so you would new to be concerned if you have some sensitive fish.

If you don't like the coloring, you shouldn't worry about it since your filter and pwc should get rid of them.

I personally did not like tannin so I soaked mine for a few days until the water was clear. I didn't boil it, had no pot big enough.

Cornstar said:
The tannins that the driftwood give off is actually liked by some fish. But the tannin may lower your pH, so you would new to be concerned if you have some sensitive fish.

If you don't like the coloring, you shouldn't worry about it since your filter and pwc should get rid of them.

I personally did not like tannin so I soaked mine for a few days until the water was clear. I didn't boil it, had no pot big enough.

Great thanks!! Will have electric yellow labs and have pond snail in.

Here is a picture got it in a petco bag without water.

Attachments

• image-2219743836.jpg
    image-2219743836.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom