Four angels in a 55 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 55 gallon tank with a rainbowfish, scissor tail rasboras, a Cory cat, a belly Molly, two black Molly's, and glass barbs and kuhli loaches
We already ave a descent sized angelfish in there, but my mom wants to add three more, are four angels good in there, or just two, how many?

4 would be stretching it, especially if there is a mix of males and females. You could two more angels, and 5 more cory cats.

I wouldn't do more than a pair in a single tank from what I've read. As juveniles it's ok to house a group. When they get older and if two pair off together they are going to be very aggressive towards other tank-mates, even other angels. I have two angels in my 55gal and I'm very careful about what tank-mates I have with them. They pick fights with my red tail shark and win every time. They look pretty and have very outstanding personalities but can be very aggressive, any small fish under about 2" will be considered food. Remember they are cichlids and need to be treated the same way

Back
Top Bottom