Free wild fish from the south, up in the north

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was in my aquarium class today and Mrs. Hahn was talking to us about how the Gulf current drags up a bunch of juvinile tropical fish because of it's warm waters and then drags them up to the cape(Cape Cod, MA) where they get caught in the coves. So, my teacher was telling us if you want some free fish instead of having to buy them you can go scuba dive and catch some because no matter what they're going to die off unless you take them anyways because they can't survive the winter, or another current that leads to Europe. I do'nt know what kinds of fish that they are but ...hey..free fish! lol

Fot that matter, you can catch established exotic tropicals in may canals, streams and lakes in the southern US....like rapheal catfish in a few Texas locations, and just about anything in Florida.

The pond behind my apartment has pleco's, neons, mollys, I think Jack dempsey, several types of cichlids, and something HUGE I haven't gotten a good look at. Bigger than a full grown Pleco, no idea what it is yet.

Puriti.. It sounds like your teacher was talking about SW tropical fish.. :p..
Still very cool :p
freshwater clams seem to be all over the place as well..

greenmaji said:
Well at least you were paying half attention in school... :biglol:

Well..that's better than remembering the ocean carries salt water? lol.... what is this....brain you speak of....I think mine wasn't included. :jump:

I go to a vocational high school and am majoring in Animal Sciences(Vet Science, I might change it to petshop management but I'm already suffering with a schedule change with my academics....so screw chaning it again; pardon my french....) :wink:

half the day I'm at vocational, the other is regular classes like english, math,science, and history. I GET TO PLAY WITH RATS, MICE,FERRETS, GUINEA PIGS, RABBITS, HAMSTERS, DEGUS, HEDGEHOGS, DOGS, CATS, FISH, GERBILS, HORSES, COWS, PIGS, SHEEP, BIRDS, REPTILES AND AMHPHIBIANS! IT'S SO FREAKIN AWESOME!

But I love my aquarium class, today we had to pick which tank we wanted and I (of course) picked the one with the black molly and guppy fry in it 8)

go to a vocational high school and am majoring in Animal Sciences

half the day I'm at vocational, the other is regular classes like english, math,science, and history. I GET TO PLAY WITH RATS, MICE,FERRETS, GUINEA PIGS, RABBITS, DEGUS, HEDGEHOGS, DOGS, FISH, GERBILS, HORSES, COWS, PIGS, SHEEP, BIRDS, REPTILES AND AMHPHIBIANS! IT'S SO FREAKIN AWESOME!

But I love my aquarium class, today we had to pick which tank we wanted and I (of course) picked the one with the black molly and guppy fry in it

* Jealousy * ._.;;

greenmaji said:
Toirtis.. I tried your link.. its not working.. is there something wrong with there site?

Shouldn't be, its the US Geological Services site....I wonder if it was in an area affected by recent weather or something.

Back
Top Bottom