Freeze dried food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need to start two different threads if you want help with the light.

Freeze dried foods are not as nutritious as frozen. Frozen foods are not as nutritious as high quality pellet foods. I only feed and recommend New Life Spectrum exclusively.

Mmm, if you google this you will see it's a high fat and high protein snack, and can cause bloating because of this and because it absorbs water in the gut. It's not good as a staple. I think I lost a couple bettas to feeding a staple of FDbw when I first started fishkeeping. They got quite bloaty.

I suggest feeding peas to your fish if you feed FD bw

But I'm sure the more experienced people on this forum can give you a more detailed answer! That's just what I've learned ;)

It's worse for some fish than others, but in general, FD is harder on digestion. Just like with human food, the more processing the food goes through, the more nutrition it loses. If you must use FD, soak it in some tank water until it's reconstituted before feeding. But picking up frozen is a better idea. :)

well i only feed freeze dried once a week and i cant get frozen food but i also feed flake food. Also, the reason i posted about the light is because i already made a thread about it but no one answered

i no longer feed freeze dried foods because when my neons eat it they have a hard time swimming because they float to the top for a day or two.

The thing that can make freezedried foods dangerous is that people don't know that they need to rehydrate the food PRIOR to feeding it to the fish.

I only feed bloodworms about once every week to 10 days. I alternate many different foods and I have no picky eaters.

i have a hard time hydrating my FD blood worms so i just bought the frozen kind which are so much better. i just break off a chunk and thaw it in a shot glass with some tank water then dump it in the tank.
for 4 oz its 4.50 for the frozen blood worms and for .42 oz of freeze dried its 6.50. just on weight and price alone which do you think is the better deal although with the freeze dried they add a lot of vitamins and minerals.

Back
Top Bottom