Freeze dried food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there a reason why I never seen any post about them? Only frozen (ya know other than main and live ect). I'm about to make a big order from foster and smith and just curious if I should hold off on freeze dried treats and just go for frozen.

Is there a reason why I never seen any post about them? Only frozen (ya know other than main and live ect). I'm about to make a big order from foster and smith and just curious if I should hold off on freeze dried treats and just go for frozen.

As part of their daily meals, I feed FD Tubifex worms as the middle meal. However, I do follow that with a nightly meal of frozen Brine shrimp. Even tho their is little nutritional value in Frozen Brine, the roughage helps keep my fish on a regular poop schedule. No bloating or constipation for my guys :brows: Never needed to use anything else for the fish over the past 40+ years of fish keeping. Peas???? When did fish become gardeners? lol

I do flakes plus a FD treat (rotate between brine shrimp, tubifex worms, and blood worms). Not sure how FD compares nutritionally to frozen but is much more convenient.

I do flakes plus a FD treat (rotate between brine shrimp, tubifex worms, and blood worms). Not sure how FD compares nutritionally to frozen but is much more convenient.

And cheaper! Lol it's why I'm wondering if there is a catch or something

For anyone who has any concerns with the fish eating a very dry food, some claim it can cause bloat.

You can soak. I use Hikari foods freeze dried and will some times add some tank water depending on what it is.

I used FD blood worms for years (I am now allergic to them so I do not use them any longer) Now use Tubilflex, brine shrimp and shrimp, actually will be trying some of the other varieties of freeze dried foods, and it seems Dr.s F & S have a great selection. Popped them into my shopping cart a few days back!

I feed mostly Hikari foods for my fish and shrimp. :D Pretty happy over all with their stuff.

We have a great lfs which has live foods, and got an offer from a member to get some banana micro worms, so maybe try that soon too.

I buy the freeze dried blackworm cubes in bulk (they are WAY overpriced in small quantities). I stick them to the side of the tank and all my fish eat them greedily that way except for my embers, bb gobies, and perchlets. For those guys, I slice the cube up and soak in garlic guard for a few mins. For those three species FD blackworms are a staple part of their diet (together with frozen bloodworms). None of my fish will eat BB shrimp either frozen or FD. The FD stuff sure made a mess in the tank tho :(

Back
Top Bottom