Freezing crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NiaCas

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got an african butterfly fish which I LOVE. I feed him crickets and frozen bloodworms which are all he'll really eat, but it's getting to be kind of a hassle to keep going to the petstore a few times a week for crickets. The petstore's kinda far and I've got a busy schedule. I don't want to get a bunch of them at the same time because I'm worried that they'll be noisy and keep people awake. Could I freeze the crickets and then thaw them just before feeding? Would this harm the nutritional value? Frozen bloodworms are obviously...well...frozen, so same concept, right?

Mine also eat small meal worms, which stay alive for quite a while in those little tubs.

I also feed crickets and frozen bloodworms on a regular basis.

I'll definitely try meal worms, but I like to have plenty of variety in my fish's diets. Most of my fish are on a rotation of about 4 different foods or even more depending on the critter :) So I'd love to be able to add a food like meal worms, but I'd still like to keep the crickets. He really loves the crickets! It would be great if I could just buy like 50 of them at a time and freeze them.

Back
Top Bottom