Fresh start lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Black diamond blasting sand. Think it was like $8 for 50lbs. U have to wash the crap out if it, but I think it looks really nice

Tetra1990 said:
It does look nice. It also looks like, if stirred up a lot, it would take forever to settle back down.

I was thinking of switching to sand... There are several threads here about it and people tend to say that it doesn't get too bad when stirred up. But, they do recommend protecting your impeller by putting a sponge or pantyhose or something over the water intake. Oh, and I have read that you either need to stir it yourself or have fish that like to dig in the sand to prevent a build up of gasses. Might be something to consider when you are thinking about stocking it.

Love the look of the tank. A couple of suggestions, based purely on what I have read on these forums....

Maybe consider a black background? Could look really sharp, plus it may encourage stronger colours in your fish. I am making plans for a new set up and am going to try black sand and black background. Maybe car window tint for the background actually....

Also, the tank looks a bit sparse in terms of hiding spaces and such. Are you planning to add more plants or anything so your fish will have places to hide if need be? I haven't worked out a plan for that yet myself, but there are some great threads I have been following where people have created awesome hiding spots with stone and aquarium safe glues.

Looking forward to seeing how this comes out!

Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah I plan on getting a black background tomorrow. I am also going to go to the river to find some more rocks and try to make a cave or something. I also plan on adding more plants too

Sad to say I had to take the fish from my tank upstairs and add them in this tank :( so I'm going to have to add to that stock. My 30gal had got up to 87°f the past few days and no air upstairs. I had a feeling I wasn't going to be able to keep a tank up there

On amazon.com it is really cheap but u don't get to pick so its like a surprise when it comes lol

Back
Top Bottom