Fresh Water Whale Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These little guys are quite stressed, none are either two of the colors requested ( gold or black) but are cute, their colors were horrible when they first showed up (at a almost peach color) but seem to be settling in the one at the fake plants was already feeding off of it.

ForumRunner_20121218_122329.jpg

ForumRunner_20121218_122346.jpg

ForumRunner_20121218_122417.jpg

I did three days of research including library (pulled up nadda) before I said ok I'm in love.

Thank you all, I will be doing my own studying with these 3 and hopefully we all can learn a little bit more about them.

Andrew did you find anything out about the freshwater dolphin fish besides the basics? All I have is my phone for internet so there might be a little bit more out there than what I can find.

Place called pet solutions for whales (dolphin can't be found though) typically would not order live from places like that but they had a guarantee and could not find them anywhere else.

I read you loud and clear there I am curious myself......Don't know unless you try!!!! :) they are around 3 in now, fins look good, coloring is good, no battle marks..... we will see

They are mainly called Short Nose's in the UK. There is loads of black ones in my local shop in Belfast.

They are mainly called Short Nose's in the UK. There is loads of black ones in my local shop in Belfast.

The black or gold is what I was wanting, they had a gold one as their pic. So thought I'd get lucky, so though they have loads of them no one has studied them!!! Hmmmmmm

Ill get a few photos tomorrow and put them up, we only got them in about 2 weeks ago and have not sold any yet - not much interest in them over here.

Ok cool, to me that is an odd ball fish and I've allways been into an odd ball tank, finally talked my hubby out of cichlids and tetras due to tank being my Christmas present, he is liking my selection so far. :)

I'm actually considering one myself, starting feeling sorry for them - they love bloodworm, go crazy for them.

I sat n watched these guys do this for about 10 min. (Ring around the hiddey) I turned the light out and first thing I see is two of em playing. Looked like bucking bronco's was hilarious. Ate a little hope tomorrow is better.

IMG_20121218_192948.jpg

IMG_20121218_193023.jpg

Back
Top Bottom