Fresh Water Whale Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some pics of the guys in the store, hard to get a good shot of them.

Attachments

• image-2929727794.jpg
    image-2929727794.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 156
  • image-2760195053.jpg
    image-2760195053.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 137
Always wanted them too go in with my elephant nose, but I haven't seen them were I am. Yours are very nice :)

Every one looks good today I'm a little concerned for one (darker of the three) that hasn't been too active but was schooling with the other two last night so we will see how feeding goes tonight. I added an imitation wood decor in with the plants for more hiding, the knife fish thinks all hidey holes are his so may have to take him out for a day or so to reclamate. Or option two add rocks to plant side and open up middle. I changed some of the rocks around but knife is claiming them again.

Always wanted them too go in with my elephant nose, but I haven't seen them were I am. Yours are very nice :)

They are sold out at a lot of places or just can't get them, I called around to all LPS with no luck.

Thank you scottyhorse I could not sleep last night so sat up and watched them play.

Borderlesscott they are so cute, tail fins look like they are being beat up on take those babies home or just send em to me. Lol

Are they getting along with the knife fish. Only reason I am asking is because many people advise against mixing two species that emit electric frequencies.

Elephant nose does the same thing and brown knife but studies have shown that they can be tank mates, the whales seem pretty docile but are still new and the knife doesn't bother them unless they pick a cave. We will see if anything the knife will be alone in the broke down 37 for a while.

Up date on the babies: here is a picture of them playing in the plants. They are more fun to watch than any fish I have yet owned. I have yet been able to see them eat well. But have to be staying alive some how.

ForumRunner_20121227_183044.jpg

3 in long, got me on age but can tell you their mouths are a tad bigger than the size of a head on a straight pin.

Trying different things, frozen brine, blood worms, plankton, live ghost shrimp.

Woooohoooooo they are eating the blood worms, just caught the lil sneakers

Yes they are and also expensive (rare) and get biiiiiig supposedly but can't find enough on them to tell.

Oh it's already on mine lol, if I have to custom build the aquarium into my house I'll swim with em to have em

Back
Top Bottom