Fresh Water Whale Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TidBitz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all though I have done my research there isn't a whole lot on these guys I am taking in three Tuesday and was wondering if any one had any in put, they will be with my BGK that is now best friends with my FFC that was brought back due to unhappiness a couple days ago my hubbys tetras are going to ensure they have their room needed. Here is a pic I found on the odd lil guys.

black_whale_110723a6_w0480.jpg

If you can get them to eat they are awesome. Same eating habits as elephant nose. Feed at night and in the dark. Live Food !!!!!!!!!!!!! blood worms, daphnia ......

If you can get them to eat they are awesome. Same eating habits as elephant nose. Feed at night and in the dark. Live Food !!!!!!!!!!!!! blood worms, daphnia ......

I have started all my fish eating in the evening due to thats when my ALF likes to eat as well as the BGK, this will be interesting but I'm very excited.

Hello all though I have done my research there isn't a whole lot on these guys I am taking in three Tuesday and was wondering if any one had any in put, they will be with my BGK that is now best friends with my FFC that was brought back due to unhappiness a couple days ago my hubbys tetras are going to ensure they have their room needed. Here is a pic I found on the odd lil guys.

View attachment 137863

Very cool fish! good luck!

Thank you phishfriend looks like my odd ball tank is coming together quite nicely.

I just got my confirmation # for the babies they are in flight right now I am hoping all goes well and am looking forward to tomorrow.

I just got my confirmation # for the babies they are in flight right now I am hoping all goes well and am looking forward to tomorrow.

I'm going to be honest, I was just going to follow this thread to see how it goes with you and the fish, because up until yesterday I'd never heard of them. But OMG! Now you have me super excited for you!!!

Haha y thank you and did you know they also have a fresh water dolphin, (rare to find) they are supposed to be as close to a dolphin as possible, even play like them.I am getting more excited by the hour can already see I better take some Melatonin of I'm not gonna sleep.

Haha y thank you and did you know they also have a fresh water dolphin, (rare to find) they are supposed to be as close to a dolphin as possible, even play like them.I am getting more excited by the hour can already see I better take some Melatonin of I'm not gonna sleep.

Are you serious? A freshwater dolphin, like the pink amazon dolphin? Or do you mean the one also related to the elephant fish? But whatever!! Yay!!!! I can't wait for you to post pics :D

Are you serious? A freshwater dolphin, like the pink amazon dolphin? Or do you mean the one also related to the elephant fish? But whatever!! Yay!!!! I can't wait for you to post pics :D

Yes it is also related to elephant nose, looks like a bottle nose dolphin. Will be posting the baby whales as soon as they get here tomorrow promise..:)

Yes it is also related to elephant nose, looks like a bottle nose dolphin. Will be posting the baby whales as soon as they get here tomorrow promise..:)

Can't wait to see the pictures!! There sooooooooooo cool!!!

Back
Top Bottom