Freshwater Bumbleebee Gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patrice

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do you think i can have Bumblee bee in my 30 gallon tank? And if so, how can i feed them easily with out having food all over my substrate? I have 5 otto, 7 neon tetra, 1 pleco, 4 rummy nose. and i am going to add guppys. Right now all my fish sleep at the bottom at night. So i am thinking that the fishes will be unhappy because of the Bumblee bee nipping. That is, if freshwater Bumbleebee nips?

Here a image of my tank
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/32g-planted-full-work-next-v-2-a-204659.html

Bumblebee gobies are actually brackish fish. Mine prefer to eat live and frozen foods but will eat pellets on occasion.
You may or may not have a problem with nipping, depending on the territory of the fish. I tried keeping a male guppy with my gobies and his fins were shredded.
They enjoy each others company but have territorial disputes. Each of mine have their own snail shell to live in, and all the plants help keep them happy and friendly.

The one at the shop are in freshwater. And are sold has freshwater. And on they internet, there ph seam acid , which i need to be around ph 6,8. Unfortunately they seam to be 2 variety with the same name. What do you think ?

No, there brackish they just tolerate fresh for a while. Most lfs dont have brackish tanks and if they said they were brackish I dont think many people would buy them

The problem is they're normally not labeled with the proper scientific name, and it's pretty difficult to tell the two apart. There's the B. nunus which is much happier as a brackish fish and B. doriae tolerate freshwater longer.
In their environment the salinity fluctuates so that's why there is so much disagreement on how to house them IMO

Well. From what i can tell, there a pain to feed and that they are a risk to have in freshwater. So i am not going to have any. Sad. Maybe a other time.

Patrice said:
Well. From what i can tell, there a pain to feed and that they are a risk to have in freshwater. So i am not going to have any. Sad. Maybe a other time.

Typing error :
From what i can tell, there a payne to feeds, and that they are a risk to have in freshwater. So i am not going to have any. But there should be something i could replace With?

Back
Top Bottom